Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Why I am at MATC......

Where shall I begin....? I could tell you my whole life story, but that would be no fun! What I will tell you is how I got to be where I am today. I tried to do the whole go to a University after high school thing like everyone else but that didn't work out as planned. I was 17 living in a house on campus with my best friends and partying Thursday-Sunday. That clearly was not a recipe for success. I only lasted 2 semesters at UWM before dropping out and moving back home. That was probably the best choice I could have made.

Shortly after moving back home is when my life started falling back into place. I got a great job that I love and still have today, I met my boyfriend and now father of my child and started developing a routine. I have never really been the type of person to have a hobby (unless playing Candy Crush and tweeting on my iPad counts). I would work, come home, eat, watch TV and repeat day after day. One day I was given the opportunity to travel to North Carolina for work to help convert some computers over to our bank;s software. This is where I fell in love with the whole idea of programming. When I came back I wanted to do any and everything associated with the computer.

Shortly after coming back from my trip I found out that I was pregnant. That was definitely life changing. After I had my son I had a whole new outlook on life and decided that now would be the perfect time to pursue my dreams and go back to school. I though long and hard about what program I should go with but the only one that made sense to me was the IT Programmer/Analyst program. With a degree in programming I can not only work on a computer all day but maybe one day I can create an app that everyone will love just as much as I love Candy Crush!

This is just the beginning of my world through your eyes...

No comments:

Post a Comment